Junior – Intermediate Assurance Professional
RSW is looking for full-time members for our Assurance Service Team. This position allows candidates to “stretch themselves” with value-added activities in working closely with our clients. Ideally, candidates will possess some technical expertise, in addition to having the personal presence and motivation to inspire confidence among others. We seek candidates who have some previous practical accounting experience, and possibly a bachelor’s degree in accounting. While working with RSW, candidates will learn how to excel in delivering a positive client experience. Working alongside our partners and senior staff, you will gain experience in how to motivate and mentor others to perform above and beyond expectations.
Candidates should possess energy, drive, and superior communication skills. They should possess sound business judgment and have a thirst to succeed in building a career.
If you are looking for a career development opportunity while maintaining a healthy work-life balance and great benefits, RSW awaits you.
SPECIFIC JOB ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Client and team interaction in the preparation of financial statements.
- Completion of annual financial statements and financial statement notes.
- Financial and systems analysis.
- Corporate and personal income tax returns.
- Active participation as part of client-focused engagement teams.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French.
- Dedication and strong work ethic.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent client service skills, with the ability to understand the clients’ businesses.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships.
- Deliver quality service and provide value to clients.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professional excellence in the performance of duties.
Technical Expertise and Experience
- Must be actively working toward improving accounting-specific skills within a work environment over the last 12-24 months.
- Some accounting work experience, preferably in an accounting firm, and a preference for wanting to build a career within a small to mid-size professional firm environment.
Target Annual Remuneration Scale: $40k – $55k (depending on the level of prior experience) and a starting date to be negotiated
Resumes and a cover letter discussing your career goals to be emailed to: email@example.com. Candidates are encouraged to visit our website at: www.rsw.ca. Note that only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.